Registered Veterinary Technician
On behalf of our client, Jump Recruitment Specialists is currently accepting resumes for a Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT).
Our clinic is independently and veterinary owned and operated, and we are committed to fostering a culture and work environment that is respectful and healthy. As an RVT at our clinic, you will be part of a team that celebrates the human-animal bond by providing exceptional and compassionate care to our clients’ physical and emotional wellbeing. You are dependable, accountable, and self-motivated. You have exceptional communication and customer service skills, and respect both the team and clients. You effectively manage adversity, multi-task, and prioritize in a busy, rapidly changing environment.
NO EVENING OR WEEKEND SHIFTS, 5 WEEKS PAID LEAVE, RELOCATION ALLOWANCE / SIGNING BONUS
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Perform venipuncture, place IV catheters, and administer IV fluids
- Perform routine dental scaling, polishing, fluoride application, and dental charting
- Perform common outpatient procedures (e.g. nail trims, ear cleanings, anal gland expression)
- Calculate medication volumes, administer injectable and gas anesthesia, as well as other medications
- Operate and maintain anesthetic machines with closed and open-circuit anesthetic systems
- Monitor and maintain anesthetic patients through observation, manual parameters, and use of vital signs equipment
- Perform emergency procedures, including shock assessment and initiation of treatment
- Provide post-operative client updates upon patient recovery
- Assist with humane euthanasia as required
- Read and interpret documents such as patient records, vaccine histories, medical labels, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Safely restrain pets when required, using low-stress techniques
- Recognize signs and degrees of pain and discomfort, understand the medications and methods used to control pain, and advocate on the patients’ behalf
- Observe abnormal behaviors and physical problems in patients, and alert the veterinarian to significant changes
- Address client complaints, and answer questions related to billing
Education and Licensure Requirements:
- Must possess competency in the skills required for veterinary technician licensure
- Valid RVT license held in good standing with national and provincial requirements
- Follow federal and provincial animal health laws and regulations, including OSHA
- Competitive hourly rate of pay commensurate with experience
- No evening or weekend shifts
- 5 weeks paid leave
- Relocation allowance / signing bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Malpractice and liability insurance
- Robust employee pet discount
Contact Kim Nugent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
At Higher Talent we recognize the value of diversity and are committed to making intentional steps toward building inclusive teams that better reflect the communities Higher Talent and the organizations we serve operate within. We believe that inclusion is not just about making room at the table but about seeking out talent through a diversity lens and letting everyone know that their unique perspectives are important contributions to building stronger workplaces in a changing world.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for our posted positions. We welcome candidates to self-identify or make our recruitment team aware of any potential accommodations they may need during the recruitment process.
This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jumpcareers.ca.